Thursday, February 25, 2010

Photo Challenge: Light

I had an ah-ha moment last week...a moment of sheer bliss. I had just finished an amazing photo shoot and was on the quest for finding newborn props for my upcoming sessions. During the search for great items at my father-in-law's barn no less, the light was almost to dust in the sky and I HAD to pull my camera out. There are so many discoveries you make as a photographer...Things you normally wouldn't notice, are now all of the sudden in the forefront. I love that. The world observed a little differently. Lately, I've been obsessed with wild mustand flowers. They're so pretty and seem to be everywhere this time of year! I don't even know how I have never seemed to notice them before! Where have you been my whole life?! I love these pics...the yellow combined with the lighting creates a little piece of happiness! sigh..
Any who, light combined with exposure is one of those things that has to be practiced constantly...there are so many things to think about when shooting in light. Where is the light in the sky? Do I have back light, side light, front light...? My most favorite is back and side lighting, there are so many layers and stories that can be told with light. Here is these photos I was playing around with back light and a couple with side light. I love back light because it gives that creamy layer of heaven in between the camera and the subject....it's almost magical!


Photobucket I *heart* this picture. Don't you want to run and lay down in this field. Oh pure joy!


Photobucket My little T is so silly, this is the closest thing to a smile I am going to get, and I love that about her!

Photobucket Again, the light is so soft...

Photobucket I also love doing different compositions...a little abstract :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
So there you have it, my take/love affair, or whatever you want to call it, on light...:)

No comments: